Friday, June 6, 2008

Little is much!


I've been watching the corn start to sprout in the fields I whiz by on my bike...
It's amazing to see new life popping through the soil and almost 'growing before my very eyes'!
As I ride (training for the Ride 4 Refugees, actually), I think about the lessons to be learned. How a seed must die to multiply, the miracles of new life, and the incrementality (is that a word?) of much of our lives.

Flakes of snow falling every day for a week makes a pile to shovel. A dandelion that goes to seed results in a colourful array on my lawn- and my neighbour's- in no time at all. An act of kindness one day, plus another act of kindness the next day, help form a loving relationship.

This week I met with an answer to prayer! Joyce is our new "housing expert". God is amazing in the ways He provides for us. Helping a resident find a home to move to after their year at Welcome Home may seem like a small thing, but when it's part of a community effort to demonstrate compassionate justice to a refugee, it means a lot. And, if you're a refugee preparing to launch out on your own after a year in the Welcome Home community, it's a BIG deal!

I've been inviting friends, family, hey-anyone who will listen:)- to join my team of supporters. I often hear the apologetic response, "I can only commit such a small amount". Of course, I'd love to receive those 4, 5, and 6 figure donations. But, isn't it amazing that in God's economy, whatever is given is exactly what is needed? Makes me think of a ditty I learned as a child- "little is much if God is in it!"

Thank you for praying, for caring, for sharing your resources so generously. I can't wait to see how God will multiply everything we have given together! And, if you'd like to join my team...

No comments:

Post a Comment